Allen West to Pelosi- “Give Me that Damn Gavel!”

The Shark Tank made an appearance at the opening of the Allen West for Congress campaign office this morning in Broward County.  Among those in attendance were Fmr. Congressman Clay Shaw and Radio personality Joyce Kaufmann. West gave an inspirational address that was full of rhetorical fireworks, calling out Congressman Ron Klein and the rest of the “snippy little Chihuahuas that are coming up in my ankles,” referring to the liberal lefties who have been attacking him over the past few months.

West also recalled a moving scene from the movie Gladiator and used it for full dramatic effect.   West closed his speech by telling his supporters what he will say to Speaker Pelosi once he makes his entrance into the House Chamber.

UPDATE (4/19) : Special thanks to Sean Hannity for featuring this video at the end of his “Great American Panel” segment.   Catch the rerun of the show at midnight.

1. Patrick Castronovo April 17, 2010 at 4:22 pm

West get’s it. A real American HERO!!!!!!!

2. Pedro A. Romanach April 17, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I hope Congressman Klein wins re-election. This Allen West is a disaster.

3. Martin Fee April 17, 2010 at 4:42 pm

Wait I thought we were all racists and bigots here on the right so how can we be supporting with great praise and love this soon to be Congressman who is obviously not a 60 yr old white man? Could it be, as we all know, the left is full of SH*T and it is they not we who are the real racists??
    @ Pedro Romanach.. Sorry Pedro time to head back south of the Border as the disease of liberalism is being stomped out along with people like Klein. No more free rides on the backs of people who obey the law and have made something of themselves.
    Don’t let the door hit you in the *ss on your way back across the Rio Grande.

4. Lady Libertas April 17, 2010 at 5:02 pm

Allen West is my HERO & I one of the best that we can send to Washington DC to represent us!
    Wonderful!

5. Mary Taylor April 17, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Col. West is a gentleman, a scholar, a very brave man and I hope will be my next congressman. These last couple of years, since Clay Shaw was voted out of office by some ill-informed people, I have felt that I have been taxed without representation. God bless Col. West!!!!!!

6. Diane April 17, 2010 at 5:31 pm

I wish Allen West was our President…he loves America and wants to keep it beautiful!!!

7. Tamara April 17, 2010 at 5:50 pm

WITH CONVICTION AND AUTHORITY! mmmmmmMMMmmmmm!! Right between NP eyes!

You go Allen West, Oh YES!

BAM!!

8. MORT KUFF April 17, 2010 at 5:59 pm

Allen West is the right man for this time; the right man to represent the citizens of Florida’s District 22. He’ll stand strong for national security and for fiscal security, without hesitation, without reservations. He’ll represent us with honesty, integrity and courage.

Let’s all work as diligently and as intelligently as we can to get Allen West elected to the U.S. House of Representatives. The alternative? Unthinkable!

MORT KUFF

9. MORT KUFF April 17, 2010 at 6:01 pm

I never said, “Your comment is awaiting moderation.”
    Where in the hell did that come from?

MORT KUFF

10. Tiby Eilen April 17, 2010 at 9:15 pm

Anyone who hears and sees your position can not fail to be moved – albeit falling over! I’m looking forward to seeing the video of you getting the damn gavel from np! Kudos!

11. Jim Stewart April 17, 2010 at 9:26 pm

Can Mr. West move to California? We need him here, desperately.

12. USAF Vet April 18, 2010 at 5:00 am

Go, Colonel West!

We need more men with integrity and principles, such as yourself, to represent the people’s interests in the People’s House.

It is time to end the reign of incompetence of the leftists, Socialists, Progressives, Marxists and others of their ilk in the U.S. Congress. Colonel West is a leader who can change things in Washington!

13. Wow April 18, 2010 at 11:34 am

Shocker. Allen West whines about being called names, and then calls the lefties every single name in the book. Give me a break. this guy has some good ideas but he needs to do what he preaches and stay above the fray.

14. Pedro A. Romanach April 18, 2010 at 11:50 am

Martin, I won’t even bother to answer your anti-Hispanic rant, which doesn’t merit a response. You are prejudiced, yes.

15. Pedro A. Romanach April 18, 2010 at 11:52 am

I won’t be posting here again. Good-bye. I am a registered Democrat and clearly this is a Republican web site.

• Javier Manjarres April 18, 2010 at 11:59 am

Pedro,

What are you afraid of? Are you afraid of discourse that does not agree with your views?

16. Carla April 18, 2010 at 12:42 pm

I hope West and Rubio wins! I would love to see a West Rubio ticket in 2012 and kick Osama I mean Obama to the unemployment line!

17. Paula Williams April 18, 2010 at 2:08 pm

Wish that Mr. West would run for President!!!!! He would definitely have my vote!

18. bitterclinger April 18, 2010 at 3:28 pm

LTC West, You are one of our last hopes for leadership with integrity and principle. I will defend you to the death.

19. laura henning April 18, 2010 at 7:21 pm

What can I say that hasn’t already been said. Allen is simply the best! We will never abandon him!!

20. Rob April 18, 2010 at 10:43 pm

All eyes on Florida this year with two great candidates in West and Rubio!

21. Robert Clements April 18, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Col West Your brother Veterans are with you. For God & Country. “Lead on Sir.

22. SFTech April 18, 2010 at 10:58 pm

Why are the Dems so afraid of a black Republican?

Because there is life AFTER the Democrat party, I know I used to be one.

Go Allen West, we’ll hold your line.

23. SemperFiMom55 April 18, 2010 at 11:43 pm

Col. Allen West in all his AWESOMENESS!!!! God Bless this great man. Go* WEST!!!!!!!

24. wodiej April 19, 2010 at 7:03 am

Saw him on Hannity, West is great. Don’t dignify liberal comments with a response.

25. Alan Bergstein April 19, 2010 at 7:20 am

Isn’t it strange that Col. Allen West, a non-Jew, is more supportive of Israel than Ron Klein and the rest of the hypocrites on the Democrat Jewish Congressional Caucus? Is it pure racism on the part of the Democrat Liberals who attack West on the grounds that he is a Black conservative? Any Black or Jew wo does not walk the liberal line is in the cross hairs of the political racists who refuse to accept the fact that we are all free to choose our own political paths (at this time, anyway). My vote will go to Allen West who sees beyond the racism and hatred of the Left and will concern himself with abiding by our beloved Constitution for which he so valiantly and bravely fought.
    Alan Bergstein

26. Alan Bergstein April 19, 2010 at 7:21 am

Typo error of E-mail address on previous mail.
    Sorry!

Alan Bergstein

27. GRANDMA BETTY April 19, 2010 at 10:44 am

Allen, get that DAMM GAVEL and knock some sense in her!!!!

28. Jean-Claude Wong Al-Fahd April 19, 2010 at 5:11 pm

Pedro A. Romanach Says:

— I hope Congressman Klein wins re-election. This Allen West is a disaster.

Pedro Romanach? So you’re Hispanic, Romany AND Yiddish? Darn you’ve even got me beat. That is quite the shizzach!

29. Michelle April 19, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Why are the Dems so afraid of a black Republican?

Because there is life AFTER the Democrat party, I know I used to be one.

Go Allen West, we’ll hold your line.

30. Dalton April 19, 2010 at 10:53 pm

Allen West is the Man. Unlike John Conyers who’s just another reminder that Politicians forget where they came from and who they represent, the Civil Rights Movement seen the same hatred as the Tea Party Movement is seeing today, O how times have CHANGEd in the course of one year.

31. Proud Army Mom April 20, 2010 at 12:17 pm

Mr West Thank you for fighting for MY FREEDOM and if you run for President in 2012 I would be very proud to VOTE for YOU.

32. MORT KUFF April 20, 2010 at 3:33 pm

4/20/2010 3:11PM EDT

Attention eligible voters in Florida’s District 22:

Unless you are totally incapacited and on a life-support system, there is nothing more important in your life and to your future and the future of your family,than to work for and vote for ALLEN WEST.

Can you tolerate much more of the Muslim miscreant our fellow citizens have put into the White House? – - and the anti-American thugs & looneys he has surrounded himself with – - and in whom he has vested the powers to destroy our way of life and take control of every aspect of our lives, including the very air we breath?

We need to populate the Congress with a majority of ALLEN WESTs,to stop this madness and counter it with common sense. We can’t do this all at once but, we can start with one ALLEN WEST – and do all we can to send this man to Washington, D.C. to represent us with honesty,integrity and yes, with courage.

You will be surprised at how many clones will appear once the ‘original’ ALLEN WEST is seated in the
    U. S. House of Representatives and begins to exert the brand of genuine leadership that has been so lacking there, for so long.

It is up to us – each and every one of us, to make this happen. We cannot let up in our effort to support his candidacy. THINK! THINK! THINK!

What can I do today to support ALLEN WEST.

THEN, GO OUT AND DO IT. It’s just a matter of our survival as a free people. Get it?

MORT KUFF

33. Dalton April 20, 2010 at 7:07 pm

Half of the democrat party is spending 100’s of millions of dollars and 100’s of hours defending muslim terrorist while the other half of the democrat party along with the mainstream media are spending 100’s of millions of dollars and 100’s of hours “attacking and destroying” the hard working middle class America. And if truth be told, the hard working middle class America is footing the bill through the stimulus money. Isn’t it about time for Washington to be audited? It’s our money and we have the right to know who is getting access to it. But we must put individuals like Allen West in Washington in order to have the privilege of knowing who’s benefiting from our money. O how times have CHANGEd in the course of one year.

34. Jaime April 21, 2010 at 2:30 pm

Having met West 4 or 5 times, I can say I tremble at the thought of him becoming a Congressman. I was there when he said: “We already have free health care, its called the emergency room.” or when he thought he was in danger of being kidnapped when Aljazeera wanted to interview him. The reality is that West has already lost to Klein in 2008, and has the distinct honor of being one of few Republicans to lose in a Republican district. He has absolutely no idea about anything, and most of his funding comes from OUTSIDE the district he is running for.

I don’t understand how someone can call Klein “anti-Israel”, do you even know how many bills and resolutions he has supported in favor not only of Israel and the Jewish community? Nevermind, the fact is that he has a D next to his name, and all you want to see is an R, regardless of who the candidate is. I would gladly support a REAL conservative, but it seems that the rest of this country is too caught up in theatrics and you betchas to vote with their brains.

35. Evelyn Kurtock April 22, 2010 at 3:01 pm

Allen West is what we need. Allen West is a breath of fresh air. Allen West is best!

Mr. West, thank you for your service. You are a true patriot. I wish you all the very best in your run for congress.

36. Julie April 25, 2010 at 3:33 pm

Pedro A. Romanach Says:

— I hope Congressman Klein wins re-election. This Allen West is a disaster.

37. Ian April 26, 2010 at 5:58 am

38. Simon April 26, 2010 at 7:17 am

Allen, get that DAMM GAVEL and knock some sense in her!!!!

39. Charles April 26, 2010 at 10:50 pm

Why are the Dems so afraid of a black Republican?

Because there is life AFTER the Democrat party, I know I used to be one.

Go Allen West, we’ll hold your line.

40. Rick April 27, 2010 at 9:44 am

41. Bill April 28, 2010 at 12:16 am

Pedro A. Romanach Says:

— I hope Congressman Klein wins re-election. This Allen West is a disaster.

42. Bill 2 April 29, 2010 at 2:41 pm

Many years ago I worked with a Man who I though was “One of a Kind”. He could only vote in the General Election. He did not, would not, vote in any primary or non-partisan election. The reason, the party could not tell him how to vote. If he did, his Farther and Grandfather would roll over in their graves. As I said, I though he was “One of a Kind”, but since then I have found that he is not alone. What is remarkable is that they all vote for the same party. I think you all can guess what party they vote for all the time. I am afraid that too many of these type of people do not want West to get into Office and upset their “Apple Cart/Gravy Train”. What the problem is that there are too many people that do not want to work for a living today.

43. Ron May 7, 2010 at 9:46 pm

Don’t know very much about Adam West but it appears that he has many Demos not getting a good night rest. You have to love it when they start their attack mode……it means your right on track. If Mr. West is as good as I have seen already the people of Florida have found a winner. Once he is elected I know we will be hearing a lot from him on the national front.

44. Arturo Rodriguez July 6, 2010 at 9:38 pm

Pedro, I’m a hispanic (actually I reject that PC BS term, I am cuban by birth and American by the grace of God). Anyway, I don’t like you either.

45. F. EL October 22, 2010 at 9:59 pm

IF ONE STATE IN MID STREAM “DON’T LEAVE ME HANGING WHILE I’M FIGHTING FOR “ME” EXCUSE “US” YOU ALREADY LOST.YOU SERVED IN THE MILITARY YOU HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE WHAT OUR LOVE ONES IS FACED WITH AS THEY FIGHT AND DIE FOR A WAR THAT WAS A LIE GOING IN AND SOME DON’T MAKE IT BACK ALIVE OR SOME MAKE IT HOME WITHOUT LIMBS THEY WENT IN WITH. MY BROTHER WAS MURDERED IN NAM AND 40 PLUS YEARS HIS GRANDSON MY NEPHEW WAS MUDERED IN THIS WAR.I REMEMBER FRIEDA PAYNE SONG “BRING THE BOYS HOME BRING THEM BACK ALIVE “THAT SONG SPOKE TO THAT WAR AND IT SPEAK LOUDER TO A SIMILAR WAR.