murphy camera

Shark Tank Cameraman Accosted, Threatened at Sandra Fluke Event

The much anticipated Patrick Murphy event featuring Sandra “Government should pay for my birth control” Fluke was a big bust as the event was under-attended (about 75 attendees) and the proceedings went off without much incident Sunday afternoon in Fort Pierce.

Minutes after Murphy’s amateurish campaign staffers told me that no videotaping would be allowed at the event, these same bush-league staffers asked the business owner who was hosting the event to give us the boot for no reason whatsoever.

We felt bad for the owner because she told us she was asked to do it by the campaign, but she did have reservations about doing so because she did want to disobey orders from the Murphy campaign, nor did she want to bring any negative attention to her business.

But the real fun occurred across the street from the event when one of Murphy’s big supporters threatened Shark Tank cameraman Patrick Castronovo with bodily harm after he attempted to ask the man a question.  His pal showed up and made an issue about Patrick not being on a sidewalk (which is public property) while videotaping, suggesting that he was videotaping from a location where he was not allowed to. But he then corrected himself and acknowledged that Castronovo was indeed standing on city property and within his rights to videotape.

“Don’t turn that on me unless you want it up your ass.” - Bitter Clingin’ Patrick Murphy supporter wearing an orange shirt

[vsw id="sDDA3xB5Haw" source="youtube" width="500" height="364" autoplay="no"]

Related: “I’m a Slut, and I Vote” for Obama

Please share this post.

1. Jewfish September 30, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Yes we can, yes we can

2. Diana October 1, 2012 at 1:12 am

That man not only verbally threatened the camera guy on video but he also went after and hit the camera guys video recorder as well. Right there is an assault and battery. This is how Patrick Murphy’s campaign staff treats people? The man should be arrested!

3. Chriseve Lyons October 1, 2012 at 8:57 am

Sandra Flucke event??Does she warrant a realty show now?
    Democrats are such nice tolerant hospitable people.!Que simpatico!

4. henryknox October 1, 2012 at 11:20 am

It is amazing how afraid the progressives are of the truth. If you don’t recite the propaganda that has come down from on high then you are a threat.

5. Jeff October 1, 2012 at 12:33 pm

I am so happy your camera man was not injured by those angry Democrats. Though it would have been a much better video if it got physical. Could the camera have been shoved up the cameraman’s ass? That would have been great to get that on video.

6. Carlos October 1, 2012 at 1:24 pm

It’s always fun to watch the wizards of tolerance and openness fold like a deck of cheap cards when their true contempt for the 1st amendment is exposed by others who disagree.

7. Lowie October 1, 2012 at 1:34 pm

Javier, you are doing a great job. These people are scumbags trying to overturn our system of government. I heard that Sandra Fluke got a high paying job. Please check this out for me.

8. Sandman October 1, 2012 at 2:09 pm

I could never do what Javier and his people do for a living cause I would beat the living snot out of those liberals the min. they came at me.

9. Liz October 1, 2012 at 2:13 pm

GET A HAIRCUT!!!!!

10. uselogic October 1, 2012 at 2:24 pm

“…nor did she want to bring any negative attention to her business.”

Really? Maybe she shouldn’t have hosted the gosh-danged Libtard event then? Not that I frequent Fort Pierce often but I’ve certainly added Tryst as one place to avoid and will encourage others to do likewise.

11. Tpartywarrior October 1, 2012 at 3:33 pm

But liberals are supposed to be SO TOLERANT………..

12. Perseids October 1, 2012 at 3:55 pm

For the reluctant “Business Owner”…
    They used to say, You Sleep with dogs, you get up with fleas… Or words to that effect.

Of course, sleeping with the headliner of that event might get you infected with something a bit nastier than fleas.

13. Peter October 1, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Patrick, how did you refrain yourself from those Liberal THUGS?! It shows you that the Left are the real Hostile Radicals!

14. Jimbo October 1, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Just once I wish one of these cameramen would put down their cameras and clock these liberal idiots right in the jaw.I’d pay to see that.

15. G0G8tors October 1, 2012 at 6:48 pm

In order to learn more about the local politics, I attended this event. While I did not see the actions shown in this video, I can say that the recap seems to be quite exagerated. I too did an interview with a cameraman across the street from the event – in fact I did this interview while the “I’m a slut” woman’s right’s activist was doing her interview.

I was asked a few questions about what Sandra Fluke had to say of which I answered. I was also asked about Allen West and my feelings towards him. My response was simple, as an American I don’t appreciate a member of my congress repeatedly using poor judgement in constantly spreading false runors about my president. I didn’t appreciate it during GW Bush’s tenur, and I don’t appreciate it now. I find it quite curious that my interview was not posted. Perhaps because I made too much sense: for instance, when asked how I felt about Murphy geting arrested for disorderly conduct my response was something ot the effect of: “I too got kicked out of a bar or two when I was in college and certainly don’t feel it would affect my decisions now as a 33 year old. Along those lines, I find it quite disturbing what Mr West did to end his military career. This was not simple disorderly conduct, this was a grown man using horrible judgement and violence.”

While the camerman introduced himself as a member of a non-partisan blog, I am now surprised to see that he in fact lied (it is quite obvious this is another political propoganda site as with many other right and left blogs). I look forward to a time when I am not forced to make and/or read judgements about one’s charactor based on their political affiliation. The man who acosted the cameraman’s actions are not acceptable but neither are the completely false facts shared on this blog.

• Javier Manjarres October 1, 2012 at 6:52 pm

The truth is, I did not state that I was non-partisan or even partisan press. I respectfully asked you questions about the event and your views. The video speaks for itself.

16. G0G8tors October 1, 2012 at 7:11 pm

Perhaps I misinterpreted and misunderstood your reason for being there. Still, had I known your affiliation, I still would not react in a way similar to this man. Such anger and hostility gets us nowhere as hate/anger breeds more hate/anger. I don’t think it is responsible to tie this man’s actions to Mr Murphy just as I don’t think the violent, hateful responses on this blog should be tied to Mr West. While I don’t necessarily agree with your political stance and your vessel for displaying them, I commend your political zeal and appreciate your energy in using rights granted to you by our constitution. I wish you the best of luck on your endeavors and hope that somehow, our politicians can find a common ground.

• Javier Manjarres October 1, 2012 at 8:15 pm

The only tie that was made was that the man was a supporter of Mr.Murphy. I have to tell you that it was my pleasure to discuss with you some of the issues that we disagree on, hopefully others begin to discuss these issue in a civil manner as well

• InRussetShadows October 6, 2012 at 12:25 pm

You’re darn right any “violent” responses here should not be tied to Mr. West, because 1) none of us are members of his reelection campaign (that I know of — I’m sure not) and 2) “violence” on a blog is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT than threatening someone with violence in person.

That I have to point out such obvious flaws in your logic might explain why you are a moderate.

17. Sandman October 2, 2012 at 12:12 pm

While the GoG8tors poster attempts to portray himself as non partisan indy above the fray who believes president Obama has not gotten a fair shake and deserves another 4 years, your bitter liberal partisanship slips by with the comment that West used horrible judgement and violence. Excuse me sir, the man saved the lives of the men serving under him with that judgement you call horrible. Perhaps if one of those men were YOUR son you’d feel differently. Horrible judgement is having unprotected sex and creating a life and senselessly destroying it with a vacuum because it is inconvenient for you. That’s what you liberals represent, death for the most innocent and rights for the most vile. West is a bonafide American hero and you will get no props for your phony civil post here from me.

• G0G8tors October 2, 2012 at 11:33 pm

I don’t claim to be non-partisan. I am totally a moderate who longs for a time that a presidential candidate can be moderate. Allen West on the otherhand, says things that are offensive to me. I didn’t appreciate when a congressman/woman were saying inappropriate things about my President Bush, and I don’t appreciate it when they say such things about my President Obama.

• InRussetShadows October 6, 2012 at 12:23 pm

I notice that you have no examples of what you are concerned about.

18. DaveB October 4, 2012 at 12:45 pm

Bravo, Sandman!

People who have never been introduced to decisions made during life-and-death situations are totally unqualified to render opinions concerning others who have. I, for one, feel blessed to have men like Col. West, who will risk their careers and lives, taking care of the brave fighting men & women under their command. I would consider it an honor to have served under him.