water

Senator Rubio’s Comedic Response to Sipping Water during SOTU Response

water

By Javier Manjarres

Ok, we all saw Senator Marco Rubio take the now famous sip of water during his response to President Obama’s State of the Union Address.  Rubio even poked fun at himself by tweeting a picture of the bottle of water he drank out of. But now in true Rubio comedic form,  (he thinks he is a comedian- let him think that, because some of us who know him know better) Rubio answered my email request for a statement on his sip of water from last night.

Here’s the text he just sent moments ag0-

“I don’t always respond to the president but, when I do, I drink water. Stay thirsty my friends.”-Senator Marco Rubio

Will someone please tell Rubio to stop using other people’s material?  But then again, Rubio is “the most interesting man” in politics, so I guess he gets a pass ;)

[vsw id="JeW62m9pz44" source="youtube" width="585" height="376" autoplay="no"]

Related-Rubio’s SOTU Response

Please share this story below.

1. vonnise February 13, 2013 at 11:01 am

Hey, at least it was water and not Kool-aid!!!

• Claudia February 14, 2013 at 1:12 pm

You said it, Vonnise! Better a picture of Rubio drinking WATER than one of Obama SMOKING DOPE!

2. Sandi Trusso February 13, 2013 at 11:13 am

Senator Rubio did an amazing job! BUT OH MY GOODNESS HE ACTUALLY HAD TO REACH FOR HIS WATER AND TAKE A SIP! If that’s the worst thing he can be ridiculed for then have at it. I heard him say today “God has a way of reminding us that we’re human”! I loved it!

Frank Luntz, who does the live ratings, said that Rubio’s response rated higher than any before. When he asked the respondents if they liked Obama’s speech they said “yes”, they also said “yes” that they liked Rubio’s…. BUT here’s the best: When they were asked if they believed Obama, only 2 raised their hands. The rest (including Obama supporters) raised their hands that they believed Sen. Rubio!

Sen. Rubio speaks from the heart, which is why he can not be tripped up, because he knows the facts on, and believes everything he says. I’m so happy that the rest of America had the opportunity to see what Florida has known for some time about this amazing young man.

I congratulate and thank Senator Rubio. He made his family proud, he made Florida proud, and he made America proud to know we still have true patriots, true Americans in this great country!

• Claudia February 14, 2013 at 1:13 pm

Rubio’s twitter account got 13 THOUSAND additional followers right after his speech…and they weren’t haters, either!

• Pedro February 14, 2013 at 9:58 pm

Still waiting for Senator Rubio to file articles of impeachment on Mr. B.O.!

• Pat February 18, 2013 at 9:14 am

The whole thing is about as stupid as it gets. So he took a sip of water. I am hard pressed to even understand the “government” media finding this noteworthy given some of the important stuff they just skip right over (but I guess the koolaid drinking robots can be fools over just about anything)……………….and as someone said on the radio the other day with a great deal of humor………”of yes, if I had known he was a water drinker, I would never have supported him”. The whole thing is asinine.

3. Eddie Fontaigne February 13, 2013 at 11:14 am

I think you’re missing the elegance of his words and the statements full meaning if you think he was just trying to be funny. “Stay thirsty my friends”. I suspect I don’t need to explain that to you, now that I’ve pointed it out.

• Javier Manjarres February 13, 2013 at 11:17 am

I know him, he is being funny. Trust me.

4. Wesley Martin February 13, 2013 at 11:23 am

I think it is great. Well done, Senator.

• Jacalyn Brouillette February 13, 2013 at 12:07 pm

I THOUGHT HE WAS GREAT!!

5. BoGo February 13, 2013 at 11:33 am

The SOTU and rebuttal summed up in 6 words:

Rubio, dry mouth – Obama, all wet

• Jacalyn Brouillette February 13, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Ditto

6. LeishaC February 13, 2013 at 11:34 am

Sheesh, bitter much? What have you got against Rubio? I’ll take his self-deprecating humor any day over snarky criticism. Maybe those who can, do. Those who can’t write about those who can.

7. Terry Reuter February 13, 2013 at 11:38 am

He may not be a comedian but he is genuine and speaks from the heart. I believed everything he said. I believed NOTHING Obama said.

8. Fighter February 13, 2013 at 1:55 pm

What is wrong with someone being real. If thirsty drink.
    All the empty suits try to impress, but a real person doesn’t need to try.

9. Rob Merlino February 13, 2013 at 1:59 pm

My wife and I were watching Rubio’s response (which was quite good) and she said, “that guy needs to take a drink of water.” Two seconds after she said that, he took the sip! We howled with laughter.

10. david February 13, 2013 at 2:14 pm

Rubio neede a drink of water and tried to do it in the least offensive way. It turned out to look funy. So what!! There are some congressperson (AG and DWS) from Florida who would make you wait while they drank the whole bottle, belched, the blamed George W Bush and the Republican Party. Then they would try to raise taxes to pay for more water.

11. Ed Wallis February 13, 2013 at 3:10 pm

While Rubio’s eloquence, humility and humor have brought him far,
    his approach to illegal immigration/amnesty makes him
    the next Rove/Boehner/McConnell for me.
    No gracias.

12. Harry February 13, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Hey, Javier Manjarres ask him yourself in 2016 at his state of the union address. This man is the modern day Ronald Reagan, and he scares the crap out of you liberals, because you know if he decides to run in 2016 he will win by a landslide like Reagan did against Carter. If only he had run in 2012 we would have a new president, and a better outlook for the future of America then we do today.

13. Miguel February 13, 2013 at 9:56 pm

I love this guy! He is not the typical robot politician. Rubio is just like us!

14. Kevin February 14, 2013 at 10:13 am

Marco was very dry mouthed because of his elected task of a SOTU response. The adrenaline made him ‘cotton-mouthed’ and he knew the teleprompter was running yet his mouth was dry as a bone. What to do..what to do?? It’s so sad Marco Rubio isn’t some completely empty suited,clinically & chronically Narcissistic pathological liar & poser who is familiar with the use of a teleprompter every second he opens his mouth. Gee if he could only be a slick poser like Obama…gee wouldn’t that make the sentient amongst us feel so much better. Comparing Obama to Rubio is like comparing steaming cow dung to gold!

15. Keyword Grouper February 14, 2013 at 11:23 am

You mean senators drink water too? I thought they weren’t human like the rest of us.

16. Claudia February 14, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Rubio came across as REAL, HUMAN, and KIND. He showed he wasn’t afraid to NOT be a stuffed shirt. His Twitter account gained 13 THOUSAND new followers…and they weren’t “haters” either! The left is SCARED TO DEATH OF HIM. The network so-called “news” didn’t report what he said, but rather dwelled on a simple drink of water. How old are they, six? And they call themselves news people? HA! They are useless hulks being paid to take kiss Obama butt…nothing more. If I were one of them, I’d be so embarrassed I’d quit!

17. Claudia February 14, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Many people overeat when they are actually thirsty. Humans need MUCH more water than most usually drink every day. I literally live with a water bottle on me…and when I go to hot climates like where Rubio lives and Arizona, I wouldn’t be caught dead without my water bottle. I think it’s unbelievably JUVENILE for the Libtards to focus on this. ALERT! Your Alinsky tactics aren’t working on this one…Rubio has a donation site selling a RUBIO LABELED WATER BOTTLE, LOL! AND HE’S RAKING IN THE CASH!

18. Claudia February 14, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Soooooo…Rubio’s simple human drink of water is “career ending” (according to MSNBC), but Ted Kennedy leaving the scene of a girl he murdered and drowned isn’t? LOL…oh the hypocrisy!

19. DeltaDawn February 14, 2013 at 4:36 pm

If we don’t know it by now, then we are all blind and deaf. The Demo’s get a free pass, no matter what their perps do….the lib news media will see to it. Sooooo, let’s keep up the fight folks, and fasten your seat belts for the bumpy road ahead with Papa and Mama Obama….yeehaw.

20. AviationWidow February 14, 2013 at 8:29 pm

Sen Rubio is a genuine human being (needs to hydrate) makes us so very proud in SoFla he represents the country with dignity and conviction unlike those who want to embarrass him for a basic human function

21. Onslow February 16, 2013 at 4:26 pm

Critics are weak and sick to seize on the drink of water. Tells me they fear Marco Rubio.

22. Nancy Celano February 18, 2013 at 8:12 am

Kudo to Rubio!

His naturalism backfired on the liberal media. When you’re thirsty, you drink. Very simple. If the incident had been staged, it couldn’t have gone better. We love Marco, everything about him. The conservatives need him, the country needs him. GO MARCO!