sink

Can Crist Fend Off Alex Sink In a Democratic Primary?

By JAVIER MANJARRES

Sink pictured with ponzi-schemer Rothstein

Sink with ponzi-schemer Scott Rothstein

Sink recently lost her closest advisor, husband Bill McBride, leaving many to speculate that the former Democratic gubernatorial candidate would not run against Republican Governor Rick Scott. Sink, who has been sending signals that she is considering another run against Scott, dismissed all of the recent reports that said she was out of 2014 gubernatorial mix, telling the Tribune that her late husband wanted her to run again, but told her to “wait until next summer.”

“Where my head is, it’s not time for me to close the door to the possibility. Different people have interpreted what I’ve said in different ways, but right now it’s time for me to be focusing on taking care my kids and myself and dealing with the terrible loss of Bill.”

“The only reason I haven’t said ‘absolutely not’ is I wake up every day and I see how ineffective this governor (Scott) is … Somebody needs to step up to the plate. That, plus the men and women who stop me every day and ask me to consider running.”-Alex Sink, Tampa Tribune

It is fair to say that Sink is back in the running, if anyone doubted she was out of it, considering that she herself is saying that she will be “continuing to be in touch with the sources of support in Washington and Florida.”

Translation, she is calling donors and Democratic Party officials to shore up fiscal and political commitments before she proceeds to make an announcement on whether she will run for governor again. Big question is, will Democratic National Committee Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz back a Sink or Crist? Wasserman Schultz is said to have been quietly pushing a Crist gubernatorial candidacy, since before the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, North Carolina.

“It’s going to take a lot of money,” she said. “You can’t run a little $20 million campaign and go up against the Republican machine and a candidate who can right a check for that.-Alex Sink

With Sink still hedging on a possible run, a potential Charlie Crist vs. Alex Sink Democratic Primary would be fun to watch. Sink would have the privilege of opening up the first wave of “Shock and Awe” political mudslinging against the political world’s foremost evolutionist, Charlie Crist.

Share the post below. Thanks.

1. Gregory Fournier March 26, 2013 at 10:51 am

A Sink/Crist Primary fight would definitely be fun to watch, but I think it would cost bother candidates in resources and credibility. I see an Implosion of both campaigns with the winner being eaten up in the general.

2. John G Henke March 26, 2013 at 11:15 pm

I’m forming the dead chicken party. I’ll kill a chicken and run it for governor. No, maybe I’ll leave it living. So it’s the living chicken party. I guarantee it will keep its mouth shut and not give away public assets to gangster corporations. I guarantee it will not raise taxes. And it will work for feed.

3. S.S. McDonald March 27, 2013 at 8:00 am

Alex Sink Again??? Reptile Charlie Crist?? Don’t the Democrats have an acceptable candidate hidden somewhere in Florida??. How about Allen West switching to the Democrat Party; now that would be an acceptable candidate!!

4. boca spin doctor March 27, 2013 at 9:37 am

The bottom line is that Charlie will be the next Governor. period.

• Mrs. Honey March 27, 2013 at 11:43 am

Pretty sure of yourself there Boca. Not so fast! Are your Dummycrats really stupid enough to vote for Narci-Crist?

5. Alex Yet Again March 27, 2013 at 9:38 am

Alex Sink is still the same political hack she has been throughout her post BofA career. The blind trust account she set up prior to running against Rick Scott was an attempt to hide the stock trading she wanted to do if elected.

Blind trusts are not regulated in Florida, and there are no rules guaranteeing that officeholders’ financial dealings are being handled independent of their public duties. When the St. Petersburg Times asked for a copy of her blind trust agreement last year, Sink did not produce it. Her office later said it was not a public document.

During the 2006 campaign, she listed her net worth as $10 million, and she knew her holdings presented potential conflicts. She owned stock in Bank of America, which receives millions in banking, bond and investment fees from Florida every year.

See:

6. Carlos March 27, 2013 at 11:42 am

I do believe Alex can Sink the Reptile’s campaign.

7. Rich March 27, 2013 at 3:04 pm

You’re all neglecting the larger problem which is can Gov. Scott, who is currently wildly unpopular, win against either candidate?

8. Dan March 28, 2013 at 6:58 am

YES!!! and Greer will be out of jail just in time to head the DEC next… HAHAHAHA

9. George Blumel March 28, 2013 at 11:24 am

Look at the difference in economic growth between the Red and Blue states. The Repub run states have falling unemployment, right-to-work, lower taxes and fewer regulations than the Dem party run states. Except for his advocacy of Medicaid expansion which the legislature hopefully will thwart, Scott had done all the right things for growth of the economy –Florida under Scott has been a pro-growth leader. He should be reelected to continue this positive progress. No Dem can or will continue pro-growth policies as any example from Obama on down shows that all they want to do is grow government, not the economy.

10. Perseids March 29, 2013 at 2:06 pm

In a weird sort of way they deserve each other.

It would be interesting to see just who will win that cat fight Ms Sink or Ms. Crist. Too bad for Charlie it won’t be judged on who has the better tan. Sink’s nails should be sharper than Charlies.

11. Florida Democrat May 28, 2013 at 11:32 am

People keep forgetting to mention that there is already a Progressive Democrat RUNNING for Governor 2014 against Rick Scott. It is former Leader of the Florida Senate Democrats Senator Nan Rich.

12. Sink keeps running June 7, 2013 at 12:47 pm

“… men and women who stop me every day and ask me to consider running.”-Alex Sink, Tampa Tribune

Yes, run without stopping until you’re over the state line. Your performance in our beautiful Sunshine State has been dismal. Adios,
    my friend. Take your phoney blind trust with you.