Courtesy-Salon

2016 GOP Presidential Hopefuls Introduce Defunding Obamacare Bill

Courtesy-Salon

Courtesy-Salon

By JAVIER MANJARRES

This is a ‘no-brainer’ and was expected, but nonetheless, very exciting news coming from the Senate Republican Caucus.

U.S. Senators Ted Cruz, Mike Lee, Marco ‘Amigo’ Rubio, Rand Paul, and others, have co-sponsored legislation to “fully defund Obamacare.”

“We must repeal ObamaCare, and this legislation would completely defund this disastrous policy that is already wreaking havoc on job creators and workers,” said Rubio. “As the administration has recently proven by delaying the employer mandate portion of this legislation, not even ObamaCare’s supporters are comfortable with the damage its implementation will have on our economy. But the delay of only one portion of this law is not enough and only deals with part of ObamaCare’s problems, which is why we must defund all of it.

“While this legislation calls for the full defunding of ObamaCare, Congress should take action in the meantime to defund its shorter term consequences through the upcoming short term budget Washington is cooking up. If the Obama Administration won’t implement ObamaCare, we should defund it.”-Senator Marco Rubio

Now that the immigration reform issue is out of Rubio’s hair, for now, the 2016 Republican Presidential hopeful will now begin to try and win back lost support by beefing up his conservative bonafides.

Over the next year or two, I expect to see some friendly political jabbing between Senators Rubio, Cruz, and Paul, as all three are considered to be frontrunners in 2016 Republican Presidential primary, and will try to ‘out-conservative’ one another.

Share and “Like” the story below, and leave a comment.

1. Dorine July 12, 2013 at 7:11 am

I like Rubio’s new nickname. Amigo Rubio goes well with Turbin Durbin, upChuck Schumer and the gruesome-twosome (McCain & Grahm)… and I won’t be supporting Rubio for a 2016 Presidential run since his amnesty bill would have the unintended consequences of pushing newly minted legals to the front of the unemployment line as well as the front of the immigration line. I’m sick of Congress and the President pushing laws on us that give special status to select groups of people for their personal popularity or financial gain.

2. Lightweight July 12, 2013 at 9:10 am

Marco Rubio is telling people what he thinks they want to hear and will support him.But he forgets he lied and the people remember.He thinks people are stupid but his record is what he will answer.But not at Shark Tank the Rubio Propaganda machine.

• DebraP July 13, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Lightweight, I don’t see the Shark Tank (as you put it) as being a “propaganda machine” for Rubio but rather, poking at Rubio while bringing us the truth about what Rubio is saying versus what Rubio does.

3. Pat Hosty July 12, 2013 at 9:22 am

Please defund
    Obama Care. It would save your butts. It’s a joke

4. Pat Hosty July 12, 2013 at 9:24 am

Stop Obama Care Guys. You are our only hope

5. Raul G. Ordonez, Jr. July 12, 2013 at 9:52 am

I think Rubio has lost a lot of his conservative base.

• Frank July 17, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Senor Rubio fell right into their hands. He was used as a puppet and now that they are through, he is no longer respected by either side.

6. Dana July 12, 2013 at 10:15 am

If Rubio really hates giant thousand page bills with administrative discretion for everything, like Obamacare, why did he author and promote Obamagration with his new Dem BFF’s? Actions speak louder than words.

7. DebraP July 12, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I hope the Defund Obamacare Act 2013 is approved. I also hope we continue seeing Ted Cruz take action against Obama and his regime. As for Rubio, I think of John Boehner and how many second chances he’s been given and now look what we’ve ended up with. So it’s very disappointing to say adios to Rubio but…

8. Marybeth July 12, 2013 at 12:52 pm

The real conservative in this group is Ted Cruz. Although Rand Paul would be acceptable if Ted couldn’t. Forget Rubio.

9. Elizabeth Craine July 12, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Rubio has lost my trust with the immigration bill. He was not truthful. No amount of conservative legislation he sponsers will not regain my trust. He is done. My support will go to Rand Paul.

10. Carlos July 12, 2013 at 7:12 pm

I’m with you, all except the friendly part. If this is what it looks like, a contest of wills between the RINO est. and Tea Party wings, it will be contentious, not friendly. This is all nice for the red meat masses, but if Boo Hoo Boehner lacks the nads to do the same in the House, it’ll evaporate into thin air.

11. Jeanne Moore July 12, 2013 at 7:55 pm

Rand Paul for pres. Ted Cruz vice and IIssa for john boehners job and Trey Gowdy for DOJ

• DebraP July 13, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Jeanne Moore, you read my mind!! I’d have a lot of confidence in Allen West as President, otherwise the lineup you have in mind but with West as the next Secretary of Defense or Secretary of State.

12. Betty July 12, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Allen West would be the best to run. no if’s but’s or and’s about it the know the muslim radicals best and he knows this country and loves it and its people I feel he would protect this country in the right way. secure our borders would be his first goal.

• DebraP July 13, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Betty, I agree!! People should notice that anytime Allen West or Ted Cruz speak about US history and our Constitution, they have no trouble or hesitation and understand the Rule of Law. That’s because it is IN them and that’s because of how they were raised and the principles and values instilled in them at an early age. They grew up understanding America and respecting America.

That’s why Obama is the way he is….his parents and grandparents and childhood mentor (Frank Marshall Davis) were all anti-American and loyal Communists.

13. Dumpolak July 13, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Defunding Obamacare by Republican Senators is nothing but a photo-op for them. They don’t control the Senate. If you are serious about defunding then you must replace John Boehner, immediately.

As I see it the only House member with enough fortitude to do this is Trey Gowdy. He is a former prosecutor with a “take no prisoners” attitude. He would reverse all of the Boehner support for excessive spending. He would stop increasing the Debt Limit. He would prevent amnesty.

All true Conservatives and Tea Partiers should get on a bandwagon now for change. Stop sending money to the Establishment, this might get their attention, now.

Remember with Boehner we are on a losing streak.

• Stan Lee July 15, 2013 at 4:46 pm

I’d love the see Trey Gowdy as U.S. Attorney General or Majority Leader of the House. He wouldn’t be a wallflower like Boehner. Gowdy has an unbreakable set of strong Conservative principles. He’s very similar to former Senator Jim DeMint, now heading up Heritage Foundation.

14. cindy July 13, 2013 at 11:50 pm

No matter how hard Rubio works to regain the trust of his base who elected him, it’s a lost cause. I do not count him among my amigos.
    Rand Paul, Ted Cruz, or Allen West will get my vote.
    Nyet to Marco. The grandstanding will not change my mind.

15. Stan Lee July 15, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Marco is out with me. He has lots of atoning to do if he lasts as a Republican Senator. Ted Cruz is my man, all that needs to be decided is whether he’ll qualify by birth to run.
    Rand Paul is very good, too. It’s a toss-up between Cruz and Paul, they’re both strong, with Cruz being the more dynamic speaker.