Allen West/ The Shark Tank

Allen West Supports DOJ Civil Rights Probe Into Zimmerman, Carson Supports Murder Charge

allen west 3

Allen West/ The Shark Tank

By JAVIER MANJARRES

Ben Carson croipSay it ain’t so?! Conservative icon and former Neurosurgeon, Dr. Ben Carson, stated on the Hannity Show that George Zimmerman should have been charged with 3rd-degee murder and done jail time. Carson, who announced that he would be jumping into politics, may have just sunk his political career.

Carson’s statement is sure to fuel the current NAACP/DOJ race-baiting efforts of looking into a possible civil rights case against George Zimmerman.

According to a Fox News report, former Congressman Allen West “questioned why the NAACP honed in on the Zimmerman case but have been more silent on the violence seen in cities like Chicago, where over this past weekend alone reports listed 10 black children or teens being killed.”

“I think one of the things that we saw was the interjection of race into this case, especially by the race baiters,” he said, “which probably caused the prosecution to go down the path of a charge that was going to be a little bit harder [to prove].” He added that if the state had “let the justice system take its due course,” there may have been a different verdict.”-Allen West (Fox Insider)

West unfortunately, an inexplicably supports a DOJ civil rights investigation into George Zimmerman.

“First of all, if all that has been reported is accurate, the Sanford Police Chief should be relieved of his duties due to what appears to be a mishandling of this shooting in its early stages. The US Navy SEALS identified Osama Bin Laden within hours, while this young man laid on a morgue slab for three days. The shooter, Mr Zimmerman, should have been held in custody and certainly should not be walking free, still having a concealed weapons carry permit. From my reading, it seems this young man was pursued and there was no probable cause to engage him, certainly not pursue and shoot him….against the direction of the 911 responder…I have signed a letter supporting a DOJ investigation.”-Allen West (Front Page Magazine 7/8/2013)

***For those of you who need more clarification and specifics, West did not make this statement recently, Front Page’s post was recent, and pulled West’s quote from last year. We just pulled the quote and cited them. Gracias.

Share and “Like” the story below, and leave a comment

1. Ed in North Texas July 18, 2013 at 10:08 am

Politics brings out the stupid in many people. We should be thankful when they expose their stupidity (or cupidity) before we have to decide whether to vote for them.

• Richard Baldwin July 18, 2013 at 12:37 pm

your right Ed , after hearing the evidence how can you say he isn’t not guilty ? Mr west has just shot himself in the foot [ so to speak ]

• Alice July 18, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Or…. Mr. West is not current on the actual facts of the case. But if that is true he should not have sent that letter to the DOJ without knowing fully the facts of the case.

• Danno July 23, 2013 at 11:44 am

There are incidences of violations of civil rights, but the Z case was plainly not one of them.

• DebraP July 18, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Allen West called for a DOJ investigation back in March 2012. In other words, where was Eric Holder and his department BACK THEN??? Hint: they weren’t in Florida saying what they are saying NOW.

Holder, Sharpton, Obama and Hillary Clinton for that matter, are agitators/students/disciples of an old white man who “played” them…Saul Alinsky.

• Danno July 23, 2013 at 11:30 am

I agree. No more West. Sorry. Clear case of self-defense. It does seem to be where the antagonists toward Zimmerman do not understand laws and that they are the rules we must follow. I sent money to West’s campaign. No more. I guess I am truly a Tea Party member now.

• Rob Miller July 23, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Now let’s wait one freakin’ minute.

Allen West is a staunch supporter of the Second Amendment and no race pimp. Yet people are willing to write him off because of a year old quote from before a lot of facts on the case were known?

Even if he still feels that way, is there anyone here who doesn’t agree with him on over 90% of everything else?

Reagan was a genius at building consensus on the big issues by making these kind of distinctions rather than looking to splinter people on one issue he agreed with on most others. Perhaps we need to revisit that principle.

2. Paul In Orlando July 18, 2013 at 10:29 am

I followed the trial closely and as far as I am concerned, it was a POLITICAL trial that had nothing to do with truth or justice. The police originally denied filing charges because they knew there was no evidence of any crime commited by Zimmerman. It was a waste of time and tax payer’s money due to politicians.

Regardless of what anyone says, there was no racism nor a crime commited by George (that could be proved). As a great mind once stated, “it is best to allow a guilty person walk free than to convict an innocent person”. It was true then as it is now.

As far as the DOJ involvement, if we are not going to respect our laws and judicial system of trial by jury, why bother with any court system? Besides, the DOJ don’t follow our laws anyway; they are above it as they have shown to us in the recent past.

• Lou July 19, 2013 at 7:19 am

Well Said!!!!!!!

• Paul In Orlando July 23, 2013 at 10:20 am

Thanks, Lou.

I still don’t understand why people find it so hard to see the simplicity of the truth. To add to my above comment, I guess this thing is not going away until some blood is shed by the people’s hatred and bigotry. Hopefully it will happen in California; they love to kill, destroy and burn things there :)

3. CJ July 18, 2013 at 10:45 am

If enough of these “investigations” clear GZ, perhaps he can eventually get out from under the cloud of suspicion.

4. surfcat50 July 18, 2013 at 11:05 am

I’m starting to believe the only way Zimmerman can hope for anything resembling a normal life is to also beat federal charges, though I don’t think there’s any basis for them.

The media continues to perpetuate lies about the case and the trial itself, as do the professional race-baiters, of course.

• Fred July 18, 2013 at 6:49 pm

there is no race hate plugged into this case so the DOJ should explain this and let him be.. but no they will not do this in hopes of riots and martial law as Obummers plan is.

5. C Solis July 18, 2013 at 11:13 am

I agree with you Ed, Armchair coaching doesn’t work. According to the FBI there was no racial motivation to this case until Obama got into it. I have always respected Allen West, but now? This is not a civil rights issue, and if it becomes one, then every single time a black person gets shot we can see another court case coming down the pike on civil rights? What about the civil rights of all those killed in Chicago or anywhere else for that matter since this case was even heard of. And what makes a brain surgeon so proficient in the law that he should now start drumming up charges? For crying out loud, this country is going down the tubes as we know it and all these people can think of is staying in the limelight.

• Paul In Orlando July 23, 2013 at 10:24 am

Damn it, man. I was just starting to like Doc Carson. Ah well; he just lost any support I had for him (and West).

• Danno July 23, 2013 at 11:34 am

For God’s sake, I hope the NAACP & ACLU have not threatened the lives of West or Carson!! Because I can see NO other reason for their stances. They are not ignorant. Proof positive that a lie will perpetuate forever; thus, liars should be punished – the Sharpton’s and the media liars/ distorters.

6. DoubleC July 18, 2013 at 11:17 am

Can anyone spell “Pander”? The Hypocrisy here is unbelievable and predictable at the same time. To pick out one very unfortunate set of circumstances and ignore the very real problems of black on black crime is criminal in itself. Especially coming from otherwise intelligent people, it’s expected from people who ask “do they think we’re ignant?” I can’t pay attention to Al Sharpton until he goes ahead and learns how to say ignorant. If Dr. Carson wants to be relevant to a large portion of people who would likely vote for him, he should put a lot of distance between himself and Al.

• Walker July 18, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Too late, Carson has already shown that he cannot be truly objective when it comes ot white/black issues.

I will never vote for him.

• Patriot Lady July 18, 2013 at 2:13 pm

I’m totally disgusted. Neither Allen West or Dr. Carson will ever get my vote. Why is it always a black thing? Whites should be marching about the numerous black on white killings that the media does not report. I’m keeping a list of stupid people like Carson and West so I won’t forget when they come begging for votes.

• Danno July 23, 2013 at 11:36 am

Unfortunate but true. I really like Carson and West. What a waste. It’s like a big hole in common sense.

7. SSMcDonald July 18, 2013 at 11:22 am

Why don’t you slant the news Manjarres? Allen West made that statement BEFORE the trial, BEFORE an arrest, and BEFORE the police chief was fired. Why don’t you stick your neck out a bit further and get sued for libel? This may be the WORST example of printing news totally out of context I have read this year.

• Tellitlikeitis July 18, 2013 at 11:56 am

SSMcDonald, totally agree with you. Javier, you are acting exactly like those we disdain, with either outrageously sloppy reporting or outright covering up the facts. Stop spreading lies, my man, or you will become irrelevant to true conservatives.

• Walker July 18, 2013 at 12:19 pm

West said, . .”If (so and so had happened), . .there may have been a different verdict”. sounds like after the trial to me.??

• Javier Manjarres July 18, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Listen to Walker. Tellitlikeitis, go re-read the post. The post states Allen West’s exact statement about the case. That is his opinion, and I respect it. I don’t think any differently about him, it is his opinion, and he is entitled to it, just like you are entitled to yours.

• Just plain ole me July 18, 2013 at 7:39 pm

It was his statement in the beginning. Not now. A visit to his Facebook page can clear up any doubts that this is NOT how he feels now. You should know better Javier. Hope this does not hurt your readership. I like reading your articles, but i know you will quickly bash another site for an inaccuracy such as this. Allen West has come out strong against the race baiters recently. There is too much on the line to publish falsehoods no matter how slightly slanted they may be. You should have followed it up with the changes he has made since his initial reaction.

• Javier Manjarres July 18, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Again, some of you need to go back and read articles more carefully. I did not state when he said it, I merely posted the what Allen West said, regardless if it was said days before, or days after the verdict. Here is the end of Allen’s quote, posted on Frontpage Mag-

“I have signed a letter supporting a DOJ investigation.”-Allen West (Front Page Magazine 7/8/2013) “

• Walker July 19, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Javier Manjarres, why are you trying to hurt Allen West by posting information that he said BEFORE the verdict, and before the trial?? After reading your smear piece, I looked it up on line. West totally supports the verdict. After the trial and evidence, he has a different view.

“The post states Allen West’s exact statement” . .BEFORE THE TRIAL! NOT after the trial.

It is disgusting to me that you are trying to paint West in this way!!!!

• Danno July 23, 2013 at 11:39 am

Well what is West’s position on this NOW? He jumped the line by being gullible enough to believe the SAME media that he has been telling us that LIES to everyone. Fell to his own advice.

8. Dotti July 18, 2013 at 11:29 am

Well, I guess I will not be voting for either man. Such a disappointment. I guess it was too much to hope that blacks would follow the law and not skin color.

9. Sandi Trusso July 18, 2013 at 11:35 am

With all of the crimes leaving young, black males dead (the most in Chicago where gun control laws are the most stringent in the nation), and mostly the murders are black on black, I wondered why our President, Sharpton, Jackson, Maxine Waters, and Frederika Wilson would voice opinions in accordance with Zimmerman’s guilt before they ever heard facts or evidence. Now, it’s pretty evident to me that Eric Holder, more than likely acting on the directives of his boss, has an agenda. 1) Get rid of our Stand Your Ground law, which leaves innocent victims pretty much in the same boat as Chicago victims (mainly at the mercy of criminals). 2) Once they’ve repealed this law, the next step is to implement “gun control in Florida” 3) In my opinion, the final step in their agenda is to ban all guns!

Florida gun murders are down since “stand your ground”, and they’re down for the last 5 years throughout the nation… except in Chicago where they have strict gun control laws. So if Holder thinks he needs to be involved with state laws, let him start in Chicago where the biggest problem is.

Just FYI – When our President poked his nose into this by saying that “if he had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin”… I guess he forgot that he’s 1/2 white, so if he had a son, he could just as easily have looked like George Zimmerman, but he chooses only to acknowledge the black side of his heritage (even though they didn’t raise him or educate him). I think this is pretty racist if you ask me.

I fear for Zimmerman’s life, and if anything happens to him, Sharpton, Jackson, Obama, and all the rest who supported “guilty” verdict and caused the uproar we’re now seeing (without any facts or evidence) should be arrested for attempting to incite riots! And Sharpton/Jackson weren’t happy that there were none in Sanford, so they’re back trying to finish the job.

These people have set America back 50 years with race relations. Those of us who fought for racial equality, meant “equal to”, not “better than” every other race.

• George Blumel July 18, 2013 at 2:51 pm

Well said!

• charles July 18, 2013 at 6:29 pm

If they ban all guns ,it still won’t matter .. they will still use knives,baseball bats, forks,axes, ect.. people will still kill people .they will just use another weapon .

• Alice July 18, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Amen! Couldn’t have said it any better.

10. DoubleC July 18, 2013 at 11:40 am

Sorry my comment must have been too controversial for you. It was the truth as I see it. I don’t see it as any different from any of the others.

• Javier Manjarres July 18, 2013 at 12:28 pm

No worries. Sometimes it I am out and about and cannot approve comments immediately.

11. DoubleC July 18, 2013 at 11:48 am

I apologize for thinking you weren’t printing my comment. Thank you and Kudos to Sandi. I’m afraid we’re in a lot of trouble…….

12. Tom July 18, 2013 at 11:57 am

I’m not sure why so many blacks want to ignore the fact that Trayvon was smashing George Zimmerman’s head into the cement repeatedly when he shot Trayvon. Anyone in the same situation that had a gun would have used it. Zimmerman broke no laws by suspecting Trayvon was suspicious – he looked like Obamas son as did the suspects that had been breaking into homes. That is called suspect profiling not racial profiling. If Ninjas were breaking into homes Zimmerman would have ignored Trayvon. Zimmerman broke no laws by getting out of his car and walking in the neighborhood. If Trayvon was afraid of the cracker, he should have called Police (he had a phone), or gone home (he had 4 minutes without Zimmerman following him and was either already home or at most had 300 feet to walk to get home). Trayvon decided to use Street Justice instead and broke the first law in the case, striking Zimmerman. It appears that black leaders don’t think that a white or Hispanic should have the ability to defend themselves when the other party is black. Sorry we do, and will defend ourselves, our homes, and our neighborhoods. We don’t really care if black leaders, including black Republicans don’t like it.

• Alice July 18, 2013 at 8:41 pm

I agree!

• Attila July 18, 2013 at 10:01 pm

Not everybody getting their head bashed would have fired on their assailant. Idiots abound. Personally I would have fired even if he had not looked like Obama.

• Lou July 19, 2013 at 7:26 am

Very well said, I agree 100 %

13. John Butler July 18, 2013 at 12:43 pm

Dissapointing to say the least

But was this before or after the trial?as SS McDonald sas it was.

. IIf it was before the trial, shame on indicating otherwise.

If not then West is indeed .just another pandering politician.

Zimmerman was no doubt a Wannabe cop & exercised very poor judgement in getting out of his vehicle whilr fp;;pwinf Martin..

As far as I know beibg stupid & a Wannabe is not a crime.

He also was not a racist.

And we surely do not eeed to continualy stir the racial discord which if pushed furher by the media & now the Obama administrastion., the nation will be further divided , and likley slip into civil unrest..

Say it ain’t so , Col West, otherwise you will no longer receive my support.

jab

• Walker July 19, 2013 at 1:20 pm

To John Butler, it was before the trial, but Javier didn’t bother to explain that. Any good journalist would have taken the time to look up what West said AFTER the trial. I have lost much, much, much respect for Javier.

• Javier Manjarres July 19, 2013 at 10:18 pm

If you read the post thoroughly, I cited Allen’s latest Fox News interview. Duh.

• Danno July 23, 2013 at 11:40 am

Sad

• Attila July 18, 2013 at 10:08 pm

It is very smart politics for a minority to be a conservative. We should be wary of the depth, however. The longer that minorities follow the leftist racist line to an almost exclusive degree even to their own detriment, the more they create a blowback with non minorities. In other words abuse of the majority by the minority has historically always led to a turning from the majority.

14. Mary July 18, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Tom, thank you for saying it all. You expressed exactly what my husband and I think about this whole thing.

15. Mike July 18, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Although Allen West has the facts wrong here, I believe he thinks the DOJ investigation will turn up nothing and hopefully calm things down. He is also black with black family and friends. I can’t imagine what kind of heat he’d be taking if he said anything else. Same with the Dr. Neither said he should have been found guilty here, unlike Sharpton and Jackson. They are human, wrong in this case, but human.

• roy rodriguez July 18, 2013 at 10:48 pm

remember this is the west who the army fired for trying to blow the head off of a Ahab to get info out of a prisoner ..my how the worm turns ..

• Javier Manjarres July 18, 2013 at 11:07 pm

He should have blown his head off. Get your facts straight, West did not try to blow anyone’s head off

16. Carlos July 18, 2013 at 1:18 pm

Carson first came out in support of the verdict and asking folks not to jump to conclusions or knee jerk reactions. It now seems he wants to be on both sides of the issue. As for his political future, I’m reminded of the Cuban adage:
    “si no la cagan de la entrada, la cagan en la salida”.

17. George Blumel July 18, 2013 at 1:34 pm

I saw Allen West as potentially the best conservative in the Florida congressional delegation with greater potential nationally and I wholeheartedly supported his candidacy. Then, his voting record in the middle of the pack gave me pause. Now this.
    And Dr Carson who also has talked a good game shows his weakness. Better to find out now before investing too much time and money to get him elected, too –and then find it out.

• Alice July 18, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Let’s not jump to conclusions. We need to verify this and be sure it is reported in correct context.

18. lowie July 18, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Carson grew up in low income areas of Detroit and Boston. When this kind of situation occurred, the one being approached would either fight or flee. Martin was being “watched” and he chose to fight. The law was on Zimmerman’s side when he was punched and threatened. Case closed. DOJ, Jackson, Sharpton, leaders of the Civil Rights Movement, and the NAACP should educate young Blacks to respect the law. Until that happens, I will defend myself and my home under the laws of Florida.

• wendy kilheffer July 18, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Ok that might explain Dr Carsons point of view. I feel a little better as everything happens IN CONTEX!!!
      I love Dr Carson and I was really confused!

• MikeR July 18, 2013 at 6:49 pm

You’re still confused. Carson has ignored the overwhelming evidence that proves Zimmerman was justified in shooting Martin. I contributed to West’s campaign twice, but never again. I won’t support Carson either. They aren’t the clear thinkers that I thought they were.

19. Springfield61 July 18, 2013 at 2:48 pm

I had a black buddy in Viet Nam in 1969 (we called them “Soul Brothers”) who told me that all that Blacks want is equality and a chance. Then he said to look out because after that some would be looking for revenge. Kenny, you were right. Rest in peace, good friend.

20. joe watkins July 18, 2013 at 3:04 pm

As one rap crapper said the other day after the trial. Its time for all African-Americans to go back to their homeland, AFRICA!!! Sounds like a good idea to me! And all the lemmings can follow them.

21. wendy kilheffer July 18, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Say it isn’t so!!!!~~ Two of my favorites completely off the track! Please have an explaination that makes sense!! I don’t understand your thinking?!!??? First Marco and now you two!!! Maybe I am the one out of touch and in outer space!!

• DoubleC July 18, 2013 at 7:34 pm

Wendy, you might be better off in outer space, a race war is the agenda of the left and the President. Charles Manson must be pleased. Thank you again Javier for acknowledging me. I’ll be more patient next time……For the younger crowd, Charlie was attempting to start a race war back in the 60′s when he murdered a bunch of people in California. It didn’t work then, we have to hope it dies out this time. They don’t seem to realize they are going to lose as well.

22. Tanya July 18, 2013 at 6:41 pm

why is this being said about Allen West as if he said it today? He made the above statements in 2012 BEFORE the evidence and investigation happened.

• Walker July 19, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Why? Because Javier wanted to smear Allen West. That ‘s the only conclusion I can draw.

• Javier Manjarres July 19, 2013 at 10:17 pm

You are pathetic. Why would I try to smear Allen?

23. Just plain ole me July 18, 2013 at 10:17 pm

You still could have changed the title to past tense, but thank you.

24. Danny Boy July 19, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Some thoughts,,,GZ volunteered to be a neighborhood watcher. He watches, nothing more. He’s not trained to apprehend felons, he’s not trained to follow a suspect. GZ called 911 and was told to STAY in your vehicle. Nothing suggests GZ was racially profiling. Just a dude with a hoody. So why didnt GZ STAY in his car as directed by police officials? Me neither, I dont know. As a 64 yr old I would swivel up and die if I couldnt defend myself against a skinny 17 yr old kid, besides shooting him. Now having said that, it doesn’t flow along with state law and self defense. And “stand your ground ” did not apply in this case. I maybe dislike by a few friends but I at least see guilty of man-slaughter.

• Murry Blue July 20, 2013 at 5:01 pm

If you lived in the neighborhood and many homes had been broken into, don’t you think you would have been a bit zealous when a suspicious person was seen? I dare say in the dark, they wouldn’t have even seen the color. More people than black wear hoodies. I bet you thought Casey Anthony was innocent, too. Little Caylee didn’t matter. Didn’t see anyone asking for DOJ to investigate for that…….guess they didn’t care as they were both white.

25. Charlie July 19, 2013 at 6:21 pm

All,

Don’t be so quick to throw Allen and Ben under the bus.

You know they are good men. Don’t be so easily misled. You are not Democrats after all….

26. Murry Blue July 20, 2013 at 4:55 pm

So, let us say bye-bye to Mr. West and Mr. Carson. It was a short but very sweet love affair until your true COLORS came through. What you are saying is that Zimmerman hunted down Martin and just shot him because he was black. Why don’t you people read all the facts before you shoot from the hip? And, why didn’t you take the time to get all the facts about Martin? His 11 year old angel picture was your first mistake.

27. DoubleC July 22, 2013 at 11:44 am

Most people, particularly in this case, just digest the facts they’re given on TV. Not one media outlet had the nerve to publish the real picture of a 200 lb. over 6 ft. tall Trayvon. Neither will they give any information on the fact that he was at the 7-11 buying two ingredients that he needed to make his favorite recreational drug. Skittles, Arizona Watermelon Soda (not iced tea, as reported) + DSM cough medicine=Lean or Purple Drank. This was on his own phone before it was erased. His Thug-looking picture is available as well. An expose of these two items would be a public service, but no one wants to touch it, WHY? This is apparently well known in the hip-hop, rapper community, so it shouldn’t be that difficult. “Poor man’s PCP, look it up, it’s right there on the internet. Also, like a lot of other drugs, it renders a person paranoid and un-predictable, sound familiar???

28. Fred July 23, 2013 at 12:34 pm

I think if the case of Roderick Scott/Chris Cervini and George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin are compared, there is more evidence that tends to prove Zimmerman’s self-defense than Scott’s.

Both went to trial and both were acquitted. Scott shot and killed an unarmed 16-year-old white kid who had not even touched him yet (but was running toward him).

Zimmerman shot and killed an unarmed 17-year-old black kid who had already punched him and was on top of him bashing his head into the pavement.

When Scott was acquitted, there were NO “Justice for Chris” rallies, no race-baiting, no gangs of white people running amok.

Chris Cervini was an honor student who made an incredibly stupid decision that night with two of his friends and wound up dying.

Trayvon Martin was a thug who also made an incredibly stupid decision that night that cost him his life.