0211-news-allen-west-2

Allen West Likely To Make A Political Comeback

0211-news-allen-west-2

Allen West has become a household name all around America. He is not afraid to speak up for freedom and criticize wasteful, counter-productive government programs.

West, a black republican, regularly appears on Fox News and is releasing his new book in April 2014. His website attracted more than 1 million people last month and  over 600,000 people have “liked” him on Facebook since he has become a private citizen.

It is clear that America loves Allen West.

Luckily for West’s fans, it is likely that he is considering a political comeback as he continues to aggressively stand up for Republican principles.

West lost to Democrat Patrick Murphy in 2012, after the most expensive US House race in history. West hasn’t given up hope for a political position, however. West said that he would likely run for the US Senate if Marco Rubio (R-FL) runs for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016.

Another telling sign: West continues to back his Republican allies who hold political positions. In early November, he emailed his supporters, “It’s starting to feel a lot like election season. We’re officially within one year of the 2014 midterm elections, but the way the Left has launched a war against conservatives, you’d think the elections were being held tomorrow!”

West’s new book, “The Guardian Republic: An American Ronin’s Journey to Faith, Family and Freedom” is a look inside his personal life. West said, “In ‘Guardian of the Republic,’ I share my experiences as the father of two daughters, a soldier leading men into battle, and a member of Congress during one of the most politically polarized eras in American history. I hope that readers can learn from my successes and failures, and more importantly, that the next generation of conservative leaders is inspired by my story.”

West lives in Palm Beach Gardens. He said the country currently needs “a principled, informed conservative who understands where we came from, who can trace the philosophical roots of our faith and freedom, and who has a plan to get America back on track.”

Your thoughts on Allen West? Tell us in the comments section below.

Kristin Tate

Kristin Tate is a multi-media reporter and commentator. Her work has been featured on sites ranging from the Drudge Report to Buzzfeed. Dedicated to fearless reporting, Tate regularly works on undercover stings with journalist James O'Keefe to reveal government waste, abuse, and fraud. She also writes a weekly column for the Washington Times called "The Libertarian Chick." Tate was a Young Americans for Liberty (YAL) Chapter President and Founder in Boston. She will continue to fight tirelessly for individual liberty and free markets through reporting and new media. Follow Kristin on Twitter @KristinBTate.

1. yshaw1 December 26, 2013 at 2:38 pm

Count me in as a fan of Allen West. Truly an honest and principled man who tells it as it is. When he is asked a question he gives a straightforward answer a rare gift in these double-speak cover your fanny times.

The country needs his candor and Florida needs him!

• jjk December 27, 2013 at 3:46 pm

This entire country needs Allen West and many more like him. We could actually become a real republic again.

• Rich December 27, 2013 at 6:47 pm

It says in the first paragraph that Mr. West will speak out against government waste…………………..does that mean he would cut the fraud and waste from the defense budget? end corporate welfare, giving tax payer dollars to massively profitable corporations? will he make the wealthy and big corporations pay their fair share and not hide money in offshore accounts…………….little things like those………………….he seems more interested in chasing imaginary “communists” around the Capitol Building!!

2. SSMcDonald December 27, 2013 at 10:12 am

Allen West for Florida Governor. The sooner the better.

3. ibnorm December 27, 2013 at 10:17 am

Even though I haven’t lived in Allen West’s House District for 13 years, I am a staunch supporter and contributor to his efforts. A House run would be a precursor to a higher calling!

4. Kate December 27, 2013 at 11:34 am

I would LOVE to see Allen West on the 2016 ticket! Loyal, steadfast, NOT afraid of Progressives or CAIR w/muslim ideology/tactics.

Allen West also LOVES America!

5. Evelyn Zur December 27, 2013 at 1:16 pm

Allen West, a statesman, not a politician. I would like to see him as President. Why? He has command and organizational battle plan skills desperately needed now. He see’s the big picture. He surrounds himself with the best people, best of all, he is the finest example of a Black American you could find. He is outside of Congress …so important representation there is not lost. His integrity would be a shining example to all blacks.

No matter where he lands, President, VP, Governor or Senate I’m confident he is the best we have.

6. Sandi Trusso December 27, 2013 at 1:48 pm

Allen West is a brilliant, honorable man. I would like to see him run for the US House again, and then for the Senate when it’s time for Bill Nelson to run again. I would also like to see him as VP to Ted Cruz’s Presidency run (Cruz has the best legal mind, and Allen West has the best military mind, but could gain experience for a future run for President). Florida Governor is another possibility. The truth is that I would like to see Allen West run for any of those positions. He’s the best, but I’d like to see a little more experience under his belt before he goes for President.

7. kk December 27, 2013 at 1:50 pm

I’ve been an avid fan of Allen West since I first saw him on tv. He lost that last election because of political hanky panky and a tremendous amount of voter fraud. I seriously doubt we will ever see an honest election in this country again. I love Allen West because he is a strong conservative who says what he means and means what he says and stands firm in his beliefs. He would NEVER leave a man behind.

• Rich December 30, 2013 at 8:12 am

Cite your proof, please.

If voting fraud was so rampant and pervasive that even a good like you has heard about it, in a republican state, with a republican attorney general………….WHERE ARE THE INDICTMENTS?

Please, enlighten us or shut up.

8. jerry granger December 27, 2013 at 3:29 pm

He’s definitely has my vote. The sooner the better.

9. Andy Rariden December 27, 2013 at 5:48 pm

YES! Governor or Senate: either is a fantastic post for this real [r]epublican and brave American hero! We NEED Col. West and I will do everything in my power to get him elected.

10. Carlos December 27, 2013 at 7:13 pm

West’s campaign was the most expensive coz the DNC wanted him out for his outspoken, fearless criticism of their commie ways. What’s worse is the GOP did little or nothing to oppose the huge $ poured in to beat West. We must punish them by primarying all the RINOs who did it. They must lose their career politcal gravy trains, it will be poetic justice.

11. Carlos December 27, 2013 at 7:15 pm

Hit “send” too soon. My concern for West in a Congressional race is he needs move to a red district, not a place with so many Jews and other libs as PB.